Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Why OU?


A few people have asked me this question, personally I think it's a dumb question because where else would I go? OU is only the best university ever, I mean what else can you ask for? But seriously, the reason I came to OU starts with growing up as a Sooner and being a loyal fan my whole life, which I guess technically starts with my family being from Oklahoma and my dad and his dad attending OU and influencing our family in the proper way of living :). Being a loyal fan means liking OU and continuing to support them and root for them even if they lose, which I know is easy to do because they don't lose very often. Despite all of this, I didn't really know where I wanted to go to college or had any intention of attending OU up until around sophomore year of high school. During that year I came up to Norman to visit the campus and stayed with Jude Dysart, a good friend of mine and my family. I stayed at his house here on campus and got a glimpse of Brothers Under Christ fraternity, the campus itself, and not to mention our amazing football team. After staying those couple of days and going to BYX family weekend, I was hooked. It wasn't long before I had brought my best friends Zach and Kevin up to visit and they liked it just the same, I mean how could one not? Soon after that, friends started coming up to visit like crazy and before I knew it, 10 to 15 of my close friends were planning on attending OU after high school. This made the decision even easier. Ever since I have been here at OU, I have loved every part of it and wouldn't choose any other school over it, as well as absolutely loving the city of Norman and the community that goes along with it. So in short....

BOOMER SOONER!!

No comments:

Post a Comment