Monday, March 1, 2010

My Ring


Many people ask about my ring, most likely because it is in a different language, that being Hebrew. It says כי אל אשר תלכי אלך (kee ahl-asher tel-leh-kee ahl-lek) which means "I will go where you go" which is quoted from the book of Ruth. This ring is originally intended to be a wedding band however I received it as a true love waits ring. For those who don't know, true love waits is a promise to abstain from sexual activity until marriage (hints waiting for your true love). This is a promise I made back in 8th grade and have been proud of and stood up for it ever since. What my ring means to me is kind of three different things. First of all, it means what I promised back in 8th grade, to wait for my wife. That was the original intention of getting this ring. Second, it is a promise to my wife when I am married that I will go where she goes and never leave her. No matter how tough things are I won't leave her for anything. Third, it is a promise to God that no matter where He is leading me in life I will follow and trust Him every step of the way. I will go where He goes, though it may seem wrong to me, I know it's what's best.



And as many people have asked me before... no, I'm not Jewish

No comments:

Post a Comment